What Does Your Accent Say About You? How Important Is It to Your First Impression? Professor Paul Reed and I Discuss.
Posted On November 27, 2023
University of Alabama Professor Paul Reed, PhD is the Distinguished Teaching Fellow in the Department of Communicative Disorders. Despite the heady title, he’s easy to talk to about accents and the impressions they make on others. I read a quote from him in The Economist magazine and had to reach out. As a guy that travels a lot, I hear many accents and I have been told many times “you don’t sound like you’re from Alabama.” Paul explains where my accent may have gone and why, and what we think about people when we hear other’s accents. Fun, fun conversation.
- Mason Hills Farms – True Farm to Table Meats
- E3 Termite & Pest Control
- Roy Lewis Construction
- Trey Langus – Transworld Business Advisors
- Allison Horner – State Farm Agent
- Angelo DePaola – The Coastal Connection Realty
- Persons Services Corp
- Seth Cherniak – Jeffrey Matthews Financial
- First Horizon Bank’s “Bucket List-ening” Podcast
- Bill-E’s Bacon
Find Cam Marston’s book – What Works: The Ten Best Ideas from the First Two-Hundred Episodes on Amazon.com.